Thomas has been a member of the firm since 2000 and practices in the area of intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, and patent prosecution. Thomas provides strategic client counseling in the start-up, development, and management of client’s intellectual property portfolios including the protection and enforcement of those rights; and handling of intellectual property disputes.
Recent Representative Cases:
- Prosecuted numerous utility and design patents on behalf of clients in the mechanical, medical, and light chemical industry.
- Successfully represented utility and design patent Applicants through the United States Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences.
- Represented numerous clients through the international patent filing.
- Is the primary attorney handling all of Jacobson & Johnson’s Trademark matters and has successfully obtained hundreds of trademark registrations for clients in the manufacturing, retail, and medical industries.
- Represented numerous clients in obtaining copyright registration through the United States Copyright Office